The program’s primary goals are to reduce recidivism for those who will be released from the Maryland Correctional Institution for Women (MCIW), and to promote positive attitude and actions while program participants are incarcerated.
In addition, we hope to assist in providing safer communities and family stability by providing CMAT participants with the skills and resources to assist with their transition to freedom. The two-fold program model (mentoring and transition skills training) will:
- show the love of Jesus Christ to inmates and ex-offenders in practical as well as Biblical ways,
- provide trained mentors to coach and advise on their personal concerns as well as action items for transitioning to freedom,
- provide life-transformation teachings and survival skills to program participants.
Blessing In Place Award – A financial blessing ($50.00) award for those who know that they will be incarcerated for 12 months or longer but are determined to be an outstanding resident of MCIW and a member of CMAT. This competitive award will be presented twice a year in July and December, application required.
Transition To Freedom Award – A financial ($250.00) award for those who will be leaving MCIW as a free woman, offered twice a year in July and December, application required. The purpose of this award is to assist the individual with: transitional or certified program housing; transportation; childcare when returning work; clothing; food; educational or training opportunities. These funds will be paid directly to the organization providing the services.
- Mentor prayer time, first Thursday of the month
- CMAT Facilitators inside MCIW, every third Sunday of the month
- March 31, 2019, Rev Joyce speaking at Baltimore City church
- May 18, 2019, Meeting 12:00-2:00 – (bring full-size toiletries and/or hygiene products)
- September 21, 2019 Meeting 12:00-2:00
- November 12, 2019 (teleconference call 8 PM)
CMAT Fundraiser – July through October 2019. Go to DONATIONS page to give and direct others, but donations are accepted anytime.
Special Annual Mentor Gathering – TBD